Administrative Assistant Position
We are looking for a resourceful and enthusiastic individual to join our team as an Administrative Assistant. Reporting to Shereen Coward, Executive Assistant to Mac Van Wielingen, your role will involve supporting all team members with a variety of administrative tasks.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
▪ Strong organizational skills, exceptional attention to detail, and a customer service orientation;
▪ Self-awareness, curiosity, and a thirst to continually learn;
▪ The ability to manage multiple priorities, and to work both independently and as part of a team;
▪ Exceptional writing and editing skills;
▪ Knowledge of the following software products:
o Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook);
o Basic knowledge of Adobe (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop);
o Document management tools (i.e. Diligent Boardbooks); and,
o Video conferencing programs (i.e. Skype for Business);
▪ Well-versed in the use of iPads/iPhones and related software;
▪ Previous and varied administrative experience;
▪ Experience with data management, including paper and electronic filing;
▪ Experience working in an environment that requires a high level of confidentiality and compliance to a code of conduct; and,
▪ Prior experience in a legal, investment, or family office environment is an asset.
Your key responsibilities will include the following support for both office and family members:
▪ Providing administrative support for the Viewpoint team, including maintaining and updating various listings and library inventories, assisting with management of email contacts, coordinating teleconferences and meetings, and providing support for organization of social and business-related events;
▪ Receptionist duties, including responding to public inquires and phone calls, receiving and routing incoming courier/mail deliveries, readying outgoing mail/packages, ordering office supplies, part-time EA support for office staff, and kitchen and boardroom maintenance;
▪ Assisting with travel-related coordination, including booking, scheduling, preparing itineraries, travel research, conference registrations, minor after hours support, and prepping of vacation home;
▪ Document and data management, including editing and proofreading documents and blogs while maintaining consistency in all forms of communication, creating binders/folders, photocopying and scanning documents, and paper and electronic filing; and,
▪ Assisting with IT support, including setup/troubleshooting for iPad/iPhone, researching and installing apps, minor PC desktop support, conference/video call setup, phone plan administration, and minor wi-fi/network management.
▪ This position is full-time (40 hours a week);
▪ The start date is August 7th, 2018; and,
▪ Comprehensive salary and benefits package available, to be discussed with final candidates.
Please send a cover letter explaining why this position interests you along with your resume to: email@example.com, with the subject line: Admin Position Application
Accounting Manager Maternity Leave Position
We are looking for a resourceful and enthusiastic individual to join our team as Accounting Manager. Your role will involve cash/treasury functions, financial reporting, tax planning and compliance, and regulatory compliance. You will supervise 1-2 individuals and you will work closely with several members of the Viewpoint Team.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
• 3-5 years of experience working in a private holding company, owner managed business or investment management environment;
• An accounting designation with an excellent understanding of accounting principles, bookkeeping, and financial reporting;
• Experience with financial/investment reporting and financial statement preparation;
• Background in tax compliance including tax return preparation, planning, and GST filings;
• Background in regulatory compliance;
• Curiosity, initiative and the desire to learn;
• The ability to multitask, learn quickly, and work both independently and as part of a team; and,
• Proficiency with Sage Accounting, Microsoft Office, Cantax, TaxPrep, and FormMaster.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Preparation of all financial reporting including the following:
o Monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements for all entities
o Quarterly financial statement and working capital filings to regulators;
o Quarterly consolidated reporting;
o Quarterly budget to actual reporting;
o Quarterly cash flow forecast; and,
o Annual budget preparation.
• Ensuring accuracy and completeness of all accounting entries into Sage Accounting;
• Maintaining general ledger account reconciliations and intercompany cost allocation schedules for all entities;
• Overseeing the annual audits for the 4 entities;
• Managing the tax compliance process as follows:
o Prepare GST returns as required;
o Prepare all backup schedules and reconciliations to support the preparation of the annual Canadian and US personal, trust, partnership, and corporate tax returns and filings;
o Follow up on queries from CRA and IRS as required; and,
o Prepare the annual charitable information return.
• Investment Related Reporting for all private investments;
• Cash and Treasury Management;
• Working closely with the COO to create an efficient, accurate reporting process; and,
• Completing special projects including:
o Building a cash flow forecasting model;
o Increasing automation of the consolidation and quarterly reporting process; and
o Updating and completing policy and procedure manuals;
• This full-time position is to cover a maternity leave – August 27, 2018 to December 1, 2019;
• Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Please send a cover letter explaining why this position interests you along with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: Accounting Manager Application