Term: Full-Time (40 hours / week)
Viewpoint Group is a team of trusted custodians who oversee the affairs of a Calgary-based family office, which includes an investment management company and a private charitable foundation. Our core service is to manage capital responsibly and productively for clients and, as financial custodians, to serve the best long-term interests of society. We are also responsible for supporting the founder’s family in their social and philanthropic involvement. We strive for the highest level of professionalism in all our activities; we are long-term oriented and are principle-driven in our decision making.
We are thoughtful, empowered, and highly motivated. We aspire to have a positive, engaging experience with one another every day. We achieve excellence in our work by applying leading edge, evidence-based research to our strategies and processes. We celebrate and support one another, and we have fun.
We are looking for a resourceful and enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Financial Administrator – someone who is curious, takes initiative, and has a desire to learn. Your role will involve bookkeeping, treasury, accounts payable, and assisting with portfolio maintenance and financial reporting for several entities. You will work closely with several members of the Viewpoint Team.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Administer accounts payable and treasury management for several entities:
- Assist with bookkeeping and ensuring accuracy and completeness of accounting records and expenditure tracking:
- Assist with portfolio maintenance and investment reporting:
- Maintain corporate minute books through coordination with legal counsel and update related financial schedules;
- Assist with providing support for the annual external audits for seven entities;
- Contribute to creating and maintaining an efficient, accurate reporting process; and,
- Complete special projects, including updating and completing policy and procedure manuals.
Please send a cover letter explaining why this position interests you along with your resume to: Alida Holt, Controller at email@example.com.